Tuesday 20 August 2013

The Ice Cream Truck: Story 5

I knew a man once. He died. But I knew another man. I knew his dog as well. It died. Many of the friends I have made had pasted away. I have had a very depressing life you see. So can you help me? You look fearfully optimistic. I need to learn how to grin and laugh. Let me tell you about my past. I died. It is my secret to being fearfully optimistic. See one day on a sunny afternoon I had a lollipop. An ice cream truck ran over my dog and before I had time to mouth for him, it ran over me. Ding-a-ling! Here he came, back down the street exactly a year later. It was the happiest I had been. See my body was detached and floating, floating until BAM! And the car knocked into me and I was reattached to my body, but my soul had long gone. I began to float into the abyss. It was too hot down there, so I decided this world was good enough for me. Perhaps you should try it sometime, its better than the happy pill, or laughing gas. So here I stand today, happy to be here and not in Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment